Are you tired of that 70’s look? Acoustic “popcorn” ceilings is a surface that attracts and harbors dust particles and can give your home that “dingy” look. Removing the acoustic popcorn and applying a surface that does not attract dust particles will actually contribute to the quality of the indoor air in your home. In fact, allergy sufferers find that removing the acoustic can sometimes lessens their symptoms.
At iPaint we can protect your home and furnishings and remove and dispose of that unsightly acoustic ceiling.Once the popcorn texture has been removed, we will either attain a flat ceiling look or add a light orangepeel texture to get the ceiling ready for paint.
The #1 step many painters skip is what is known as the prime coat. This prime coat ensures a proper surface for paint to adhere to and last for years to come . The prime coat will prevent yellowing and cracking in the months following the completed work.
- Protect Interior Flooring, Furniture and Appliances.
- Dampen the ceilings with a light mist of water.
- Scrape popcorn ceiling texture.
- Float out any imperfections on the current ceiling.
- Add a light orange peel texture (optional).
- Apply prime coat to ceiling.
- Apply finish coat to ceiling.
We guarantee your space to look either as clean if not cleaner then you left it for us.